Kaia Iva is the Minister of Social Protection of the Republic of Estonia from 23 November 2016. Kaia Iva is a member of the Isamaa Party.
- From 2015–2016, Kaia Iva was the Head of Türi Kindergarten.
- From 2015–2016, She was a Member of the Council of Türi Rural Municipality.
- From 2007–2015, Kaia Iva was a Member of the 11th and 12th Riigikogu.
- From 2006–2007, Kaia Iva was the Head of the Sales Department of Mäo Klaas AS.
- From 2005–2007, She was a Member of the Council of Türi Rural Municipality.
- From 2002–2005, Kaia Ivas was the Mayor of Türi.
- In 2002, She was the Head of the Advertising Department of Järva Teataja publishing house.
- From 1997–2002, Kaia Iva was the Head of the Järvamaa Office of Nordika Kindlustus (insurance company).
- From 1989–1997, She was a Teacher and Deputy Head of Türi Secondary School No. 2.
- From 1986–1989, She was a Teacher of Türi Secondary School.
- Born on 28 April 1964 in Türi, Kaia Iva has graduated from Nõo Secondary School and Tallinn Pedagogical Institute in Teacher of Mathematics and Physics.
Minister of Social Affairs
The Minister is appointed and released from office by the Prime Minister.
- The Minister of Social Affairs leads the Ministry of Social Affairs and decides on the matters within its area of government. Additionally, the Minister reports on the activities of the Ministry of Social Affairs to the Government of the Republic and submits appropriate proposals on deciding over issues related to the Ministry’s area of government
- The Minister of Social Affairs appoints the heads of state authorities belonging to the Ministry’s area of government as well as the deputy secretary generals and the heads of departments of the Ministry.
- The Minister of Social Affairs is always the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Estonian Health Insurance Fund.
- The Minister of Social Affairs makes proposals to the Government on the Ministry’s budget and supplementary budget, if necessary. He decides on the use of budget resources and is responsible for the purposeful use of funds allocated by the European Union and other foreign aid. The Minister also approves the budgets of the state authorities belonging to the area of government of the Ministry of Social Affairs.
- The Minister of Social Affairs decides on the establishment of the state authorities belonging to the Ministry’s area of administration and approves their statutes, structure, and work organisation.
- The Minister of Social Affairs is responsible for the national family policy to provide children and families with children the best possible quality of life.
Ministry of Social Affairs
- Prepares the national social problem solving plans and manages their implementation.
- Plans and implements policies in the field of social protection and ensures the timely and targeted determination and payment of social security benefits.
- Leads social security and welfare.
- Develops and implements work and employment policy to ensure long-term work efficiency and employment.
- Manages the protection of public health and health care.
- Promotes equal treatment and equality between women and men to ensure that various social groups would be involved in community life.
- Is engaged in the subjects of the social security and welfare of disabled persons.
- Co-ordinates the shaping of the children's rights and child protection policy and organises international adoption.
- Shapes family policy, with a priority given to the balancing of work and private life, and parental education.