Janek Mäggi is the Minister of Public Administration of the Republic of Estonia from 2 May 2018. He is a member of the Estonian Centre Party.
- Janek Mäggi is the founder of the public relations company Powerhouse founded in 2000, he was the CEO and consultant of Powerhouse until May 2018
- Mäggi is the co-founder of the Support Foundation of the Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church founded in early 2018 as well as the vice-chairman of the council of the fund.
- As of 2015, Mäggi is the vice president of the Board of the Estonian Academy of Arts.
- Janek Mäggi is one of the co-founders of the SA Hille Tänavsuu Vähiravifond ‘Kingitud Elu’ (‘The Gift of Life’) founded in 2014.
- From 1999 to early 2015, Janek Mäggi was the president of the Estonian Draughts Association. In 2007–2017, he was the president of the European Draughts Confederation (EDC). In October 2017, he was elected as the president of the World Draughts Federation (FMJD).
- As of 2005, Janek Mäggi is the chairman of the supervisory board of the Tallinn Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- In 1997–2000, Mäggi was the vice president of Ühispank (later SEB Pank)
- In 1994–1997, Janek Mäggi worked at Äripäev
- Janek Mäggi, born on 5 September 1973, graduated from the School of Law of the University of Tartu in the field of law in 1999.
Minister of Public Administration
The Minister is appointed and released from office by the Prime Minister.
- The Minister of Public Administration is responsible for matters related to the civil service, state assets and public procurement, the government internal audit system, local and regional development, planning and coordinating regional administration and spatial planning. The minister will report to the Government of the Republic on activities in his areas of responsibility and make proposals on matters concerning the ministry’s area of government.
- Minister of Public Administration appoints the heads of state authorities belonging to the Ministry's area of government as well as the deputy secretary generals and the heads of departments of the Ministry.
- Minister of Public Administration makes proposals to the Government on the Ministry's budget and supplementary budget, if necessary. At the same time, he decides on the use of budget resources and monitors the implementation of the budget. The Minister also approves the budgets of the state authorities belonging to the Ministry's area of government on the basis of the state budget.
- Minister of Public Administration decides on the establishment of the state authorities belonging to the Ministry's area of administration and approves their statutes, structure, and work organisation.
Ministry of Finance
- Is the Government’s expert in the implementation of financial and budgetary policy and the targeting of the economy.
- Plans the tax and customs policy and maintains a stable tax system.
- Prepares economic analyses and forecasts.
- Consults procurers and tenderers in conducting public procurements and monitors public procurement.
- Collects official statistics.
- Co-ordinates and manages the implementation of the internal control system in the Government and the professional activities of an internal auditor.
- Performs public accounting and manages the national daily cash flow.
- Places the state’s financial assets and liabilities, administers the external aid and loans granted to the state, and co-ordinates the sharing of benefits allocated to Estonia.
- Develops the financial and insurance policy.