Raul Siem is the Minister of Foreign Trade and Information Technology of the Republic of Estonia as of 21 April 2020. He is a member of the Conservative People’s Party of Estonia.
Raul Siem was born on 5 June 1973 and is married.
Employment history and career
- In 2019–2020, he was an adviser to the minister of the interior.
- In 2018, he was the head of OÜ Daan Õigusbüroo.
- In 2011–2018, he was a lawyer and consultant at Advokaadibüroo Hansalaw.
- In 2007–2011, he was the deputy director of security and supervision at Tallinn Prison.
- In 1999–2007, he was the head of the Tax Arrears Collection Department of the Tax and Customs Board.
In 1996, Raul Siem graduated from the Estonian Academy of Security Sciences in police work; in 2002, he graduated from SA Õigusinstituut in law. He speaks Estonian, English, Russian, and Finnish.